CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 26, 2008

How to Write a Paragraph

My ah-ha moment today came when I realized how important it is to have an issue, discussion, and point in a paragraph.

Everything I learned today was crystal clear and will be helpful in my future writing.

The following is the first paragraph in my proposal:

The depositional environment of the Entrada sandstone is dominated by eolian or windblown sand. Eolian dominated sands are known to be highly porous and permeable. However, the Entrada sandstone near Capitol Reef National Park is near the Entrada-erg margin and is influenced by a tidal flat depositional system. This paper proposes to investigate how the tidal flat facies within the Entrada may act as baffles or even barriers to fluid flow and operate as potential stratigraphic traps.

(The issue is in italics, the discussion is normal, and the point is in bold.)

0 comments: